October 16, 2019 - By Bredet Services
Software is supposed to make it easier to run your business, but too often, it is a source of frustration and expense. For this reason, it is important to have a plan when selecting the software program that will work for your business. A new system will reduce the number of independent databases, streamline operations, reduce data redundancy and help you understand where you are making or losing money. This blog provides a simple ten-step guide to finding the right solution for you, if you want a more detailed guide click here for our whitepaper.
These simple ten steps will help you determine which ERP solution is right for your business.
- Get the big picture: determine your needs from your wants.
- Ask for input from your internal users: day-to-day software users in your organization should be included in the decision-making process.
- Determine the budget: make sure you have a reasonable budget (be sure to incorporate costs)
- Establish your timeline: having a timeline helps to stay on budget (avoid your company’s busy peak times of the year for implementation).
- Select your solution provider: find a partner that you trust and are comfortable with. Although you are able to self-access through online resources, solution providers are able to tell if you are the right fit or if another solution would work best for your company. Bredet Services always has the customer’s best interest in mind, we want you to be happy with your selection years down the line.
- Do a Business Process Review: understand your current business issues and address how an ERP solution can help.
- Request a demonstration: once your selected software provider has addressed your business issues and requirements get them to do a full product demonstration.
- Ask for a proposal: after you’ve decided the solution reaches your requirements, request a proposal (this quote should include things like cost, services, and maintenance fees).
- Ask for references: a reputable partner should be able to provide you with references to call.
- Make your decision: Be open and honest throughout the process to ensure a successful outcome.
Are you in the process of looking for a solution provider? Bredet Services offers 35 years of expertise contact us today for more information!