April 4, 2019 - By Bredet Services
This blog will demonstrate how to change the exchange rate enabling you to post a transaction at a different exchange rate than the one in the system (this same procedure can be used almost anywhere in Business Central).
- Type Payment Journals in the search bar (this can be done in General Journals)
- Select the payment Journal
- Enter the information for the vendor you would like to pay
- Click on the 3 ellipses beside the currency under the Currency Code (most places in Business Central where you see this field you can change the exchange rate)
- In the Relational Exch. Rate Amount enter the exchange rate that you would like to post the line at (the difference between the exchange rates will go into a gain or loss account).