January 8, 2020 - By Bredet Services
For new tenants in Business Central, ‘Sales and Inventory forecast’ does not work sometimes. You can find this when clicking on an item and nothing shows up in the Forecast.
Mention API URI and API Key:
To fix this error, you need to go to ‘Search’ and type ‘Sales and inventory forecast setup’.
You can also find it under ‘Setup & Extensions’ > ‘Manual Setup’.
Here in the setup settings, you need to make sure if the Azure Machine Learning ‘API URI’ and ‘API Key’ are mentioned. If they are blank, then you must set it up in Azure AI. To do that, please follow these steps:
- On the ‘Sales and Inventory Forecast Setup’ page, click ‘New’.
- ‘Open Cortana Intelligence Gallery’. It will take you to Azure AI Gallery. Sign in with the user which has access to it.
- Follow all the instructions mentioned on this page. It is specific to Business Central Forecasting.
- After completing all the steps successfully, you will be provided with the API URI and API Key.
- Enter those in the related fields on the ‘Sales and Inventory Forecast Setup’ page. The settings will be automatically saved.
- You can change the other settings such as ‘Period Type’ ‘Horizon’ and ‘Variance’ etc. as per your needs.
Schedule and update forecast:
To schedule and update the forecasting, please follow the below steps:
- On the ‘Sales and Inventory Forecast Setup’ page, click ‘New’
- Click ‘Setup Scheduled Forecasting’.
- Under ‘Process’, click ‘Set Status to Ready’ which will change the status for forecast update to ‘Ready’.
- You can also view if there are any errors and other settings such as set status ‘Set on Hold’, ‘Restart’, ‘Log entries’, ‘show error’ etc.
- You can also change the ‘Reoccurrence’ by putting the update ‘Set on Hold’.