August 4, 2017 - By Debbie Breuls
Following these 7 tips on your way to success.
1. Automate your business processes
- Month end processing and closing
- Streamline your routine activities
2. One user experience
- Users need to be free to work from anywhere
- Allow freedom to create, share and collaborate virtually or on site
- One user experience across all business units
3. Realize the critical needs of the business
- Recognize your top business priorities
- Adapt to change easily and readily
- Improving products and services will ultimately increase customer satisfaction
4. Review internal controls frequently
- Can users make one sided entries?
- Is your system auditable?
- Greater control will reduce fraud
- Is your accounting, inventory, purchasing and customer service fraud free? How do you know?
5. Is your company working lean?
- Do you have more than one database of information?
- Do your resources have to track in more than one area rather than sharing information?
- Have your reviewed business processes lately? Waste is everywhere.
6. Plan, plan, plan – be prepared
- Operating systems change
- Users are added
- Database grows
- Customer service is affected
- Data redundancy
- Flexibility today in how you use solutions
7. What is your risk tolerance?
If your system went down – how long would you be able to run your business?