August 2, 2017 - By Parwinder Singh
- Assign AX user’s relation first. Select a user > Click Relations > New, e.g.
Exchange integration setup is almost the same except you must mention few things before you start step 3 described in previous section.
- AX > Organization Administration > Setup > Microsoft Outlook or Exchange Server Synchronization > Microsoft Outlook or Exchange Server Parameters
- Select Program to synchronize: Exchange Server and select the Exchange Server version and Exchange server URL:
4. Go back to Home > Area Page > Setup > Microsoft Outlook or Exchange Server Setup Wizard > Next. It will use the Exchange parameters and ask for exchange credentials. This is the only difference from Outlook Integration and follow rest of the steps same as previous section in Outlook Integration:
Home > Area Page > Periodic > Microsoft Outlook or Exchange synchronization > Synchronize:
The dates are only for Appointments. If you choose long period to sync, it will take some to sync between those dates.
To check all your synced contacts:
Home > Area Page > Periodic > Microsoft Outlook or Exchange synchronization > My Contacts
Set up System wide options:
Under AX > Organization Administration > Setup > Microsoft Outlook or Exchange Server Synchronization:
Rights: you can assign sync rights, in other words who can sync, Admin or All users.
Type: Only View or Edit.
Contacts Delete Action.
In Administration, you can view which contacts are synced and who they are synced with.
Things to consider:
- Exchange integration is only available in AX 2012 R3 CU8 and above.
- Before enabling the Outlook/Exchange integration for a user, provide user access to COM+ service. User who install the AX 2012 R3 client on user’s workstation, already have access to COM+ service. To provide user access to COM+ service, follow the below steps:
- Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Component Services.
- Component Services > Computers > My Computer > COM+ Applications > DynamicsMAPI/DynamicsMAPI32 node.
- Right click Roles > New > Role. Name it as “Other Users” > Ok.
- Expand the newly created role, right click Users folder, Click New > User.
- Add the user you want to add and if it is Remote Desktop/Terminal server, you can add multiple users.
- After making the changes, restart computer.
- If you are using Remote Services/Terminal Services for users to login to AX client, the Sales and Marketing module will not support the Outlook integration.
- Group Tasks will not Sync. But group activities will sync for Outlook appointments.
- Only if the organizer sync the activity between Outlook and AX, then the group activity will get synchronized. In other words, the organizer must sync the activity first. If the organizer will not do it then attendees activities will not sync.